The 911 50th Anniversary Edition was built to honour 50 years of the 911, and is special due to unique styling and increased power. There were a limited number of 1963 units made, which is a tip of the hat to the original 911 debut sales. Another unique feature is that the 911 50th is a RWD 911, however has the wider body that is normally reserved for the Carrera 4. It came available in 3 unique colours: Geyser Grey, Graphite Grey, Black Monochrome . There are many unique features that makes the 50th Anniversary stand-out amongst other 911’s. The 50th Anniversary came available with both 7-speed Manual and PDK.
This was a unique model variant of the Carrera S, and came standard with features that would normally be an optional extra. Some of these features are: Sport Chrono Pack, Active Suspension, Dual mode sport exhaust etc. The 50th Anniversary 911 is 10mm lower than a standard Carrera S, which increases it’s handling ability and has a power kit that increases the 400hp 3.8-litre flat-six to 430hp at 7,500rpm & 325Nm torque. This unique 911 was only made available to current Porsche owners.
How to spot
- The heritage pieces on this car are:
- Instrument Cluster: Green lettering, White needles and Black rings. (Same theme on the Sports Chrono Pack)
- Intakes are blacked out with a subtle chrome trim
- Rear engine cover is black with chrome slats
- Replacing the reflected strip that connects the two rear lights in the Carrera 4, is a set of twin chrome bars
- 911 “50th” logo in a classic red typography
- Classic Fuchs style alloy wheels
Compression ratio: 9.8:1
Maximum Power: 430bhp @ 7,500rpm
Maximum Torque: 440Nm @ 5,750rpm
Brakes: Front: 380mm callipers; rear: 380mm callipers OR optional Porsche Ceramic Composite brakes: Front: 410mm. Rear: 390mm.
Suspension: Front: MacPherson strut suspension. Rear: LSA Multilink suspension.
Wheels & Tyres: Front: 20×8.5 with 245/35R20 tyres. Rear: 20×11 with 295/30R20 tyres
Did you know?
The 0-60mph is seconds 3.8 seconds